Friday, November 5, 2010

The Story So Far

Well it was late 2009 that someone - perhaps she who must be obeyed - and perhaps as she wanted me out from under her feet, suggested I look at Real Estate as 'something to do'.

So in January 2010 I met Jeanie Goode and Jerome Peacock, and then Roland Stillings to talk in generalities about getting into this.  After a few more glasses of red and some more investigation I signed up in March for the UBC studies.

Between UBC and the Real Estate Council of BC they discovered I had done and passed this course in 1985/86, and they said I could now 'just' challenge the Exam.  Well of course a little matter of 25 years from then until now, made this a challenge in many more ways than one!  We went to England in May/June and I had with me the first couple of chapters from the enormous manual, and read almost nothing while we were away.

I had decided to challenge the Exam on September 2nd, so by June I had to get serious, and July and August were very serious.  I read the whole book and did all the Assignments.  As a challenge student they had provided me with answers so I could check my work as I went on.  Also a book with 1,000 previous exam questions - did them all.  I found I was easily beating the 3hr exam time for 100 questions and getting about 75%.  Exam day I took my time and my result was a 80% - not bad for an old fart.

I knew in my head I had done better than pass so immediately booked the post licensing course for November and started talking to Brokerages to see who to tie my flag to.  Pemberton Holmes Ltd were the winners, so I joined up and got my application in for my License.

No comments:

Post a Comment